Twitter is one of the most popular social networking sites. It is a great social media platform that lets you connect with your favorite celebrities. According to Omnicore, there are more than 317 million active Twitter users and more than 500 million tweets are sent per day. While browsing through your timeline you sometimes come across some funny or important videos that you want to download and later play or share on other platforms. But as you go through the various options on Twitter you realize that you cannot download videos. That’s sad! But don’t worry, keep reading this guide and we will tell you how to download video from Twitter.
This guide will help you download video on Android, Windows, Mac iPhone and iPad. Downloading videos on Windows is easy and will not require installing any additional apps. But for Android, you will need to download one additional app. The steps for iPhone and iPad are little complicated than the rest. Let’s first start with Windows and then jump to Android, iPhone, and iPad later.
How To Download video from Twitter on Mac and Windows.
1. Open and Log In to your Twitter account.
2. Search for the video that you want to download.
3. You will see a downward facing arrow on the upper right corner. Click on it.
4. From the option, select Copy link to Tweet.
5. A new pop-up will open. Copy the link either by right click+copy or Ctrl+C.
6. Open TWDown in a new tab and paste the tweet link in the Enter video link box, and click on “Download” button.
7. Select the preferred quality, file size and hit Download.
Note: The above method can also be used to download videos on Mac.
How to download video from Twitter on Android.
1. Install and Log In to Twitter app.
2. Install another app named Gif |Video | Tweet Downloader that will let you download the video.
3. Search for the tweet that you want to download.
4. Like Windows, tap on the drop down arrow on the upper right corner of the Tweet. Tap on Share Tweet via.
5. A new sharing pop-up will open. Look for the Gif Tweet Downloader and tap on it.
6. A new window will open. Tick the multi-resolution option if you wish to download the in other resolution than the default resolution. Hit the Download button.
7. Select the preferred resolution and the download will start automatically. You also get an option to convert the video to MP3 and download it.
How to download video from Twitter on iPhone and iPad.
1. Open the Twitter app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Search and go to the video that you want to download.
3. Tap on the drop-down arrow that you see on the upper right corner. From the options that come, tap on the first option ie. Share Tweet Via.
4. Tapping on that open will open another set of options. Tap on Copy Link to Tweet.
5. Once the link is copied, open TWDown on your browser, paste the link and hit the download option.
6. Select the preferred quality, file size and hit Download.
7. Once downloaded, the video will start playing. Tap on the full-screen button at the bottom right corner and then tap on the share icon at the bottom.
8. From the options, select Add to Home Screen.
You can name the video as per your liking. The video will be added to your home screen which you can play at anytime on your device.
That’s it for now. Hope this article has helped you download video from Twitter. If you would like to see us cover any specific tutorial, do let us know in the comments section below. Also, share this on social media if you found this useful.