The Instagram app needs no introduction. It is a photo sharing app where you spend hours scrolling through others photos. While scrolling, you sometimes come across some photos which you want to save, to view later. Instagram recently introduced the “Save for later” feature. This feature allows you to save photos from any profile which you can view later on. But this feature comes with a restriction which does not allow you to view it in your phone gallery. The saved photos and videos can only be viewed within the Instagram app. Also, if the original account deletes the photo or video from his/her profile, it also gets deleted from your saved collection… But don’t be disheartened… We are about to tell you a trick which will allow you to download Instagram videos and photos to view it in your gallery!
Note: Other users privacy should be respected. Downloading photos for personal use is ok. But if you plan to use it for any commercial use, owners permission should be taken. By following this guide you can only download photos or videos from the profile which are set to public. Downloading photos from a private profile is not possible.
How To Download Instagram Videos And Photos On Android.
You might have searched and come across many apps that let you download Instagram videos and photos, but what makes this app different from others is that you don’t have to leave the Instagram app. Copying URL, and then opening another app to download the photo, can be a pain in the neck. Do note that the app’s notification remains in the notification shade whenever the app is running. If you wish to disable it, tick the option in the app that says Notification.
1. Install and login to the Instagram app.
2. Install another app known as EasyDownloader For Instagram.
3. Once installed, give the app the permissions it asks for.
4. Tap on the bold, white Instagram icon that you see at the top. This will open the Instagram app.
5. Search for the photo or video that you want to download.
6. Tap on the three dots that you see on the upper right corner.
7. From the options, select ‘Copy Share URL’.
Example screenshot was taken off the Instagram account – TheTitanicLens
8. Once copied, the download will start automatically!
Note: All downloaded photos can be found in a folder called Pictures.
How To Download Instagram Videos And Photos On Windows and Mac.
1. Visit the Instagram website and Log in to your account.
2. Go to the Instagram profile from where you want to download the photo or video.
3. Right click and open in new tab the photo that you want to download.
4. Copy the URL of the photo or video from the browser.
5. Open DownloadGram Website.
6. Paste the URL that you copied in Step 4.
7. Hit the Download button.
8. A new button will appear. Hit the Download Image button and your photo or video download will begin.
We hope that this guide has helped you download Instagram videos and photos! Show us some love by sharing this on social media! Also, if you have suggestions or feedback, do let us know in the comment section below!