Android is known for customization. There are lots of launchers available on the Play Store to change the look of the home screen. But one launcher that is most widely used is the Nova launcher. With this app, you can create your own Nova theme. Nova Launcher doesn’t have a theme store and creating a new theme that will look good and unique can be a tedious task. We did the hard work for you and created 5 Nova Launcher themes to take your setup game to the next level.
All the apps needed to make Nova theme will be provided down below along with wallpaper link.
Also Read: How To Make Nova Launcher Themes Like A Pro
10 Nova Themes To Make Home Screen Look Unique
1. Fifty Fifty
Setup Credit: Vangjel
This is one of the best creative nova theme I have ever seen. Everything in this setup is perfectly placed. This is a combination of Zooper and KWGT setup. The wallpaper used is from backdrops.
Nova launcher setting:
- Desktop: Desktop grid size: 8*8. Icon layout:icon size 100% with label off. Scroll down to the scroll section and toggle on the Wallpaper scroll. Again scroll down to the advanced section and toggle on both widget overlap and overlap when placing.
- Icon Pack: Lines Free – Icon Pack
- Wallpaper: Backdrops (Fifty Fifty)
- Zooper Widgets: Flat UI, Unity KWGT
The top Widget on the first page is the Zooper widget from flat UI. Long press on the home screen, select widgets and scroll down till you find 4*3 Zooper widget. Place it on the home screen and tap on it. In the next step, tap on flat UI from the list of widget apps. Scroll down to widget no 130 and tap on it. Similarly the two widgets on the top right are also Zooper widgets of size 2*2. Widget on the top is flat ui widget no 74 and the battery widget below it is the flat ui Widget no 71.
The clock widget in the centre is the unity kwgt widget (kustom #10). The icon pack used for the apps below is the Line icon pack. The bottom Google widget is again from flat UI. The widget on the bottom right is also from flat UI and extra parts of that widget are removed.
Swiping to the next page, we have a unit KWGT music player widget at the top. The two widgets at the bottom are again from flat UI.
2. The Red Fire
Setup Credit: Jurrien
The wallpaper and the icon pack used for this nova theme compliment each other. It appears as if both the wallpaper and the icon pack were created for each other. This is a single page setup, but you can add calendar or weather widgets to the next page.
Nova launcher settings:
- Desktop: Desktop grid size: 12*7. Icon size: 100% with label disabled. Toggle off the Persistent search bar.
- App & Widget drawer: App drawer grid size: 6*5 . Background: Set colour to grey i.e 3rd color from the top left and the transparency to 0%.
- Dock: Toggle off the dock on home screen.
- Look & Feel: Tap on icon theme and select Sagon. Come down to the notification bar section and Toggle off the show notification bar button.
Long press anywhere on home screen and choose Widget. Scroll down to the very bottom of the page and choose 3*2 Zooper widget. Place it on the home screen. Tap on it and choose unity widget 3. Scroll down till you find Unity3-10-SG. Tap on it and then press the home button. On the home screen resize it to the same size as shown in the image.
3. Black and White
Again a single page nova theme with white wallpaper and black icons.
Setup Credit: DMango – SSB4
Nova Launcher settings:
- Desktop: Desktop grid size: 7*4. Persistent search bar toggle is set to off.
- Dock: Dock is enabled and number of icons on dock is set to 7.
- Look & Feel: Set icon theme to Zwart. Scroll down to the notification Bar section and toggle off Show notification bar.
Starting with the top, the widget is from Parrot for Zooper. As explained above, long tap anywhere on the home screen and choose widgets. In Widgets, scroll down to the zooper widgets and select 4*1 and place it on the home screen. Tap on it and select Parrot from the options. Scroll down and select “Dock Style Os by ppick Ch”. Resize it and exit the zooper widget editor app.
The clock widget in the centre is also from parrot. Follow the same procedure as above but instead of 4*1, select 3*2 zooper widget size. Tap on it and search for widget named “ZW 116” from the parrot pack. The default skin is in white color and we have to change it to black. To do that, tap on Layout. You will now see a list of all the different components of that widget. Tap on the elements one by one and scroll down and change the color to black.
4. Summer Theme
Again a single page theme that is perfect for summer. The icon pack used for this theme is from iJUK and I have to say it is one of the most unique and good looking icon packs I have tried in a while. The wallpaper is available to download from the link below.
Setup Credit: Krishanu Singh
Nova launcher settings
- Desktop: Desktop grid size is set to 12*7 with icon labels set to off. Persistent search bar is also set to off.
- App and Widget Drawer: Set app drawer grid size to 6*6 and set the drawer background to light grey ie. second colour from the left.
- Dock: You can either set the dock toggle to on or off. If you keep the dock toggle on, place the icons as arranged in the image.
- Look and feel: Set icon theme to iJUK and toggle of the show notification bar button.
There are two Zooper widgets used for this theme. Starting from the right, it is a 2*1 widget from flat UI. After placing it in home screen, tap on it and select flat UI from the widget list. In flat UI, select widget named “Falterial 11“. After the widget is loaded, select layout to remove extra parts. From the list of widgets elements, select and delete extra parts. The second widget is also a 2*1 from flat UI named “Flaterial 139” . Apply the same procedure for the second widget also. Resize both widgets and place on home screen as shown in image.
5. Nexus Theme
If you are a Nexus fan or someone who loves a dark theme, this Nova theme is for you. Also if you have a phone with AMOLED display, do try this theme.
- Nova Launcher Setting: Desktop Grid Size: 10*9, Transparent Notification Bar (Settings > Look & Feel > Notification Bar), Dock: (Settings > Docks > Toggle off from upper right corner), App Drawer Icon: Long press anywhere on screen > Widgets > Drag and Drop the Nova Action Widget anywhere on the screen and select app drawer from the list > Again long press on the app drawer icon and select edit. Tap on the app icon and select Whicons from the list. Scroll down to “D” and search for icon image that looks like “X”. Tap on it and select done. Drag & drop the icon to match the “X” in the NeXus.
- Icon Pack: Min for desktop and Whicons for app drawer.
- Wallpaper: Download Link.
- Widgets: Zooper widget with Unity Widget 3.
6. Minimal Theme
This nova theme will give a clean minimal look to your desktop. Making this theme is the simplest of all the themes mentioned here. The dark blurred wallpaper makes the clock widget pop up. The highlighted pixel style dock makes the Line icon pack pop up.
- Nova Launcher Setting: Desktop Grid Size : 6*7, Transparent Notification Bar (Settings > Look & Feel > Notification Bar > Toggle off Show notification bar), Pixel Style Swipe Up: Settings > App & Widget drawers > Toggle on the swipe to open option.
- Icon Pack: Lines Free.
- Wallpaper: Cuto Wallpaper (Download Link).
- Widgets: Zooper widget with Fox for Zooper.
7. Simple Theme
Another minimal clean Nova theme with colorful icons. The setup contains some edited widgets which I will explain below. This setup will look cooler if you have a phone with AMOLED display. The notification shade is disabled for this setup.
- Nova Launcher Setting:Desktop Grid Size : 9*8, Transparent Notification Bar: Settings > Look & Feel > Notification Bar > Toggle off Show notification bar, Pixel Style Swipe Up: Settings > App & Widget drawers > Toggle on the swipe to open option. Also, toggle off the below option to make swipe up indicator icon disappear. Icon Size: Settings > Desktop > Icon Layout and set Icon Size to 80%. Also, make sure label option is turned off.
- Icon Pack: Almug (Paid App ₹37.99)
- Wallpaper: Cuto Wallpaper (Download Link)
- Widgets: Zooper widget with mnml UI for Zooper. The upper widget is the minimal 01 and the lower one is the minimal 34 with some editing. Select a smaller widget size for the lower widget like 2*1. Once you place the minimal 34 widget on home screen, tap on it and a screen with various options will open. Tap on the layout option and select the first and last three options (Down Arrow, Time and date) and delete them. Now tap on the last option (Text Day) and go to edit text manually and change the text to Swipe Up. Hit back and change the offset values to zero. Done!
8. Superhero Nova Theme (Flash)
Who doesn’t love superheroes? The wallpaper in this setup comes from the Justin Maller website. The icons are placed around the wallpaper so that they don’t get in they way of wallpaper. The two icons at the bottom are folders. The Flash text at the bottom can be created the same as mentioned in the above setup.
- Nova Launcher Setting: Desktop Grid Size : 12*12, Transparent Notification Bar: Settings > Look & Feel > Notification Bar > Toggle off Show notification bar, Pixel Style Swipe Up: Settings > App & Widget drawers > Toggle on the swipe to open option. Also, toggle off the below option to make swipe up indicator icon disappear. Icon Size: Settings > Desktop > Icon Layout and set Icon Size to 118%. Also, make sure label option is set to off. Arrange the icons as shown in the image.
- Icon Pack: CandyCons Icon Pack
- Wallpaper: justinmaller.com (Download Link)
- Widgets: Zooper widget with Vico – Zooper Widget Skin (dotted1).
9. The Dark Side
The dark wallpaper with the dark icon pack go well with each other. The wallpaper used is again from Backdrops and the icon pack is from Mellow Dark UI. This is again a single page nova theme.
Nova Launcher Settings:
- Desktop: Set Desktop grid size to 12*8 and persistent search bar is set to off.
- App & Widget Drawer: Set grid size to 6*6 and background transparency to 0%.
- Dock: Toggle off the Dock button.
- Look & Feel: Set Icon Theme to Mellow dark UI and toggle off the Show notification bar button.
Only one zooper widget is used for this theme which is at the top. Just like before tap anywhere on the home screen and select widgets. Now scroll down to the very bottom and select 3*2 zooper widget size and place it on home screen. Tap on it and select mnml UI from the list of zooper widget apps. Tap on the widget named “minimal 72” and exit the zooper widget editor. Resize the widget on home screen and place it in position as shown in image.
10. Sick Theme
The last Nova theme on this list is a light colored with icons from Delta icon pack. All icons are arranged at the bottom in one line with a zooper widget at the bottom showing Slide open apps text. on both side of the widget are the folder icons.
- Desktop Grid Size : 12*10, Transparent Notification Bar: Settings > Look & Feel > Notification Bar > Toggle off Show notification bar, Pixel Style Swipe Up: Settings > App & Widget drawers > Toggle on the swipe to open option. Also, toggle off the below option to make swipe up indicator icon disappear. Icon Size: Settings > Desktop > Icon Layout and set Icon Size to 118%. Also, make sure label option is set to off.
- Icon Pack: Delta Icon Pack.
- Wallpaper: Download Link.
- Widgets: Zooper widget with mnml UI for Zooper. Clock Widget at the top: Minimal 61. Slide Up Widget: Minimal 5.
You can add some twist to these nova themes to match your style. We will be updating the post with more themes in future. Make sure to check back.
Also, do let us know in the comments below if you have any more nova theme. We would be happy to post your setups by giving you proper credits. Also, let us know if have any doubts in any particular nova theme.