Do you often tell your friends not to send those party pictures on WhatsApp and instead ask them to send through other file sharing apps because you want full resolution images? WhatsApp didn’t allow users to send images in full resolution until now. Keep reading this guide and you will know how to send full resolution photos WhatsApp.
WhatsApp recently introduced sharing of all types of files. Document sharing started in WhatsApp last year but it was limited to PDF documents only. Now it has expanded to all types such as csv, doc, docx, pdf, ppt, pptx, rtf, txt, apk, xls, xlsx and other similar document formats. You can send a file of any type as long as it is within the size limit. The size limit for iOS users is 128MB and for Android users it is 100MB. For sending images, size limit won’t be a problem as most images are not even more than 15MB.
We recommend you to switch to Telegram as it has way more features than WhatsApp. You can send file as big as 1.5Gb on Telegram. The message recall feature that is expected to come to WhatsApp in the coming months is already present on Telegram. You can read our article about 27 features that make Telegram the awesome messenger it is.
Steps to send full resolution photos through WhatsApp:
1. Check if your WhatsApp is updated to the latest version ie. 2.17.262. If not, update it.
2. Once updated, open a chat with anyone whom you wish to send the images.
3. Tap on the file clip that you see in the message box at the bottom.
4. From the pop-up, select Document > Browse other docs.
5. Tap on the hamburger menu that you see on the top left and tap on Images.
6. Browse the images and tap on the image that you want to send.
7. To send multiple images, long press on any of the image and then tap to select others.
As you can see from the above image that images will be sent as a JPG file in full resolution.
The received photos will be downloaded in the documents folder of the WhatsApp.
You can also take a look at this video to get a better understanding of the same.
If you would like to see us cover similar guides, let us know in the comment section below. Also, show us some love by sharing this on Facebook, Google+, Twitter etc. Also, subscribe to our Newsletter to receive more such awesome article directly to your inbox.