Snapchat has been facing a lot of competition from its biggest competitor, Instagram, after the rollout of the Instagram Stories. More people now use Instagram Stories than Snapchat. As of November 2017, Instagram had 300 million daily active users compared to 173 million daily users on Snapchat. In order to stay in the competition, Snapchat has been adding new features to its app.
Last year, Snapchat revealed that its app for Android is getting a major redesign. Since then, new features keep popping up every month. The latest features to make their way are the new font styles and the Do Not Disturb Mode. Here is how you can use both of these on Android:
Note: Make sure you are on the latest version of Snapchat. If you can’t see the features in spite being on the latest version, you can sign up to beta test Snapchat.
How To Use Snapchat’s New Font and Do Not Disturb Features
Steps To Use Snapchat’s New Font Styles
- Now that the latest version is installed, take a photo from the main screen.
- Now tap anywhere on the screen and your keyboard will pop up.
- Above your keyboard you will see a new row of different font styles. Add any text and choose the font style of your choice. You can scroll left and right till you find the font style that you like.
- To change the size of the text, you can pinch-in and pinch-out.
- You can also change the font color using the slider in the top right corner of the screen.
- Once you are done trying different styles, all you need to do is tap on the blue arrow button in the bottom right corner to send the picture to your friends.
Steps To Use Do Not Disturb Mode
Snapchat’s do not disturb mode lets you mute notifications from specific people or groups without telling them that you’ve muted them. This feature can be of great use for those who want to reduce their addiction to Snapchat. You can follow the below given steps to enable Do Not Disturb mode for an individual or a group of people.
- Swipe right to enter the ‘Friends’ section of Snapchat. You can also do this by tapping on the message icon on the lower left side.
- From your friend’s list, find and long press on the friend name for which you want to mute the notification.
- A information card will pop up, select Settings option and another pop-up should appear.
- Choose Do Not Disturb and you should no longer receive notification about new messages.
- You can undo this by following the same steps and and choosing Turn On Notifications.
If you get stuck at any point or have any question related to the article, leave them in the comment section below.